Surely the ritual to end rituals. Every family has a shedload.
The tree has to come from “X” supplier.
- It’s not allowed in the car, in case it ‘sheds’
- Decoration of said tree done by females only
- Getting tree straight: done by males only
- Ditto any sawing required.
- Cat banned, until tree decorated and fire lit.
- Room made to look like latest magazine or TV Christmas image (Insert ‘The Lady’, ‘Downton Abbey’, ‘Benefit’s Street’)
- Champagne into fridge by 8pm
- Mr Wallace the mysterious neighbour invited round. You won’t have a ‘Mr Wallace’, but you get the drift.
- Fires lit, fakey reindeer out the loft and “Party Time!”
- All of which takes us neatly to Christmas Eve. The next day is a whole new ball game 😦